It doesn't rain but it pours! All sorts of fun stuff to share today.
First off, my holiday story, Silver & Gold is now available in e-book from Dreamspinner Press.
Geoff Radcliffe is having a mid-life crisis just in time for the holidays. He goes into a tailspin after hearing from his first love, picks up a stranger who locks him out of the house in nothing but his pants, and then he gets up the courage to go get rid of his grey, and the colorist refuses to 'do' Geoff's hair!
But Abe Golden, thrilled that the hunky silver-tipped guy has admitted he's gay, does 'do' him, taking him home for the hottest night of Geoff's life. After three heavenly days of smoking hot sex, Abe has done the unimaginable: he's fallen in love. And when he finds out that Geoff has been using him to practice for another man, Abe is at first heartbroken... and then he plots how to show Geoff the value of combining silver and gold.
"...Rhodes adds in just the right amount of hot n’ steamy sex to get your mind racing and gets your imagination hopping and reels you into the story. This is a fantastic read." --- Zollyanna of Night Owl Romance
Hmmm, in a twisted way I'm flattered that I rank up among Shawn's Top Two to tag. I'll conveniently ignore that it most likely means I'm one of the most gullible suckers best friends she could think of. So by way of Shawn Lane, and Erotic Horizon, and Lily at I Love Books, back to the instigator Kris 'n' Good Books, here is my M/M Meme:
I didn't have anything better to do today. Really. ;)
1. Answer all the questions below in either the comments here or post it on your own site. If you post it on your own site you have to come back and give the link here so I/Kris can mosey on over and see if you have a sticky beak.
2. You have to tag two other people once you’re done and pester them relentlessly until they do the meme too.
3. Instead of a meme image thing you have to post a cookie, preferably a twofer. It is an m/m meme after all. ;)
1. How long have you been reading GLBTQ fiction? 8 months
2. What was the first book you read in this genre? (sorts e-library by date) First m/m interaction was in a m/m/f, Simply Sinful by Kate Pearce. First strictly m/m story was Diving In Deep by KA Mitchell.
3. Are you 'out' as a reader? Yes. Now that I write it, it's a given, however I don't chat about it casual convo!
4. Ebooks, print or both? Mostly e-books, have only a select few in paperback.
5. Do you buy direct from publishers or from secondary sellers? A mix of both, depending on the incentives.
6. Prove you're a Book Slut. How many books would you say you buy a week? I'm down to about 3-5 a week now that I proof a ton and get to FLE a lot for free...in advance. :)
7. Are you a cover, blurb or excerpt buyer? Blurbs hook me, excerpts reel me in. Covers are a nice bonus. And of course, I stalk my fave authors.
8. Yeah, you read reviews, but do you actually take notice of them? Yes, but I give the benefit of the doubt. Some I've enjoyed have been panned, and some that are acclaimed, I couldn't get into. So I read 'em, then make up my own mind.
9. Who's your fave publisher? Tough call. Partial to TEB and DSP of course since I'm pubbed with them. Also like LI.
10. What about authors? Your top two only!! Ack! Grrrr! KA Mitchell and JL Langley
11. Is there a sub-genre you particularly dis/like? Love well done historicals and crazy about paranormal. Probably my least fave is heavily S&M BDSM, although some authors do it very well.
12. Short or long?? *rolls eyes* And, no, I'm not talking about cocks. Up the middle? (bats eyes) Long enough to tell a complete story, short enough to read in one sitting. Long novella is probably my fave, although traditional e-book novel length is fine.
13. Anything turn you off about m/m or is all just glorious smut to you? Hmmm, well not a huge fletching fan (gag).
14. Finish this sentence. You know it's m/m twu wuv when...you want to share it with the world.
15. What trope or theme are you heartily sick of in m/m romance? I'm with EH on this one, the horrible gruesome emotional train wreck of a past for one or both characters. Sometimes my disbelief that one person could have to endure that much bad luck pulls me right out of the story. **Except when Shawn does it.
16. If you could choose any 3 characters for a m/m/m who would they be? Versatile Noah from Diving In Deep by KA Mitchell, Naughty Clark Sterling from Most Likely To Succeed by Shawn Lane, and Irresistable Mark Richfield from loads of GA Hauser's stories.
17. What new GLBTQ release are you most hanging out for right now? Ticket to Ride by Shawn.
18. What GLBTQ book has completely blown you away this year? Wow, tough questions. Umm, one that's a bit off the usual mention radar was Single White Knight by Brynn Paulin.
19. What do you think we'll see more of in m/m romance in 2010? Paranormals and suspense seem to be popular. More to do with gay rights/marriage most likely.
20. Don't you agree that author Josh Lanyon should kill off arsehole character Jake Riordan? All I'm going to say is, everyone gets what's coming to them in the end.
...a freakin' Who's Who. I'm so excited to be sharing January's Gaymes anthology with Carol Lynne, Kim Dare, Jude Mason & Jenna Byrnes, Lisabet Sarai and Gwen Cease. So who is that Devon person anyway? Lol!
I was letting my mind roam during a bit of scene break paralysis last night (sometimes it's hard being a panster), and a niggling bit of discomfort seemed to need solving. I finally realized that I'm in a holding pattern in several areas of my life, and the waiting is starting to get to me.
I have two manuscripts submitted that I should hear back about by the middle of the month. Both are with editors and publishers that I haven't worked with in the past. So no poking, like I can get away with at my current houses, just waiting patiently for news...trying not to stalk my inbox, lol.
I should be grateful that my fam & I don't have the flu, but this nagging, clinging cold that we all shared just isn't going away, three weeks so far and no end in sight. Starting to think we'll never feel healthy again!
My computer is on its last legs but made the decision to wait until after the New Year to buy a replacement.
My next release is in December, so a whole month to go through before that excitement hits. I know, I got spoiled with my 'bing, bing' first two releases. Still...
The list could go on, but in the interest of time, I will cut it off at the top few. I'm normally an extremely patient person, so the light anxiety that I finally diagnosed is really hard to get a handle on. I can keep myself busy (and boy, have I!), but the unresolved items continuously circle in my head like so many vultures.
So who else feels the waiting game anxiety and how do you handle it?