Thursday, January 29, 2015
You still have time to sign up for my new reader newsletter before I send out the very first one! :)
I'm FINALLY doing something I've planned for a long time--starting a reader newsletter. It seems like it's increasingly hard to know who is seeing my updates and news on social media, so I thought a monthly email would be more of a sure thing for my readers. :)
If you would like me to add you to my subscription list, either leave your email address in a comment below or send it to me at devonrhodes at hotmail dot com, and I'll be sending the first newsletter out very soon!
As a special treat for my readers, in that first newsletter will be instructions on how to enter to win a $25 gift card to either Amazon or ARe! Subscribe now so you can be part of the giveaway. :)
Posted by Stacey at 1:24 PM
Friday, January 2, 2015
I did my look back at 2014 earlier this week, so how about a look ahead at 2015?
I have two books scheduled to come out early this year. The first is a sequel to A Ring and A Promise, titled A Ring and A Vow. It will first release in the Semper Fidelis anthology this month, then late spring it will come out as a single. Here are the covers and the blurb:
Every promise must someday be fulfilled, and the best way Owen knows how to reward Cary’s faith is with a vow.
It’s been nearly five years since Owen went down on one knee with his Academy ring and promised Cary he’d someday do it for real. With Cary being a Naval aviator and Owen a Marine officer serving in Iraq, they’re rarely on the same continent, let alone together.
About time for them to fill out paperwork to re-up, Owen realizes that if they were married, they’d have a much better chance of being stationed nearby. But time is not on their side so he’s forced to compromise on his proposal in order to make it work.
Cary has been waiting for Owen for years—there was no chance he’d ever say anything but yes. Owen is coming home at last, and wants to make a home with him. However, between the chronic nightmares he’s been fighting and the ever more complicated wedding plans, the next month could be anything but a dream.
I also expanded my very first story from years ago, Remarkable Restraint, from a short story to a novel and I'm re-releasing it next month as the first book in a new series called Grad School Guys.
When Justin gets fed up with his best friend Chaz avoiding him, he decides it’s well worth sacrificing his favorite T-shirt to try to save their relationship.
Chaz is finding it impossible to hide his attraction for his straight roommate, so he tries avoiding Justin until he leaves for the summer. He just has to get through a few more days, then he’ll be home free—at least until Justin comes back in a couple of months. Still, he firmly believes that space between them is the best answer for now.
But Justin is not a man to be ignored. He’s known Chaz for almost a decade, and can tell when something is weighing on his mind. And being shut out is not acceptable, especially just when he’s finally ready to commit to more than friendship. When closer than usual proximity just before his trip to Central America turns up the heat between them, he takes matters into his own hands by restraining Chaz’s hands—and feet—until he gets some answers.
The results are explosive and more than either could have dreamt, but the abrupt shift in their relationship is almost impossible to reconcile in the short time they have left together. It will take remarkable restraint from both to find a way to weather the separation, to stay friends…and to grow into something more.
I've already worked out my writing schedule for the year. It took some time consulting with TA Chase, my frequent co-author, and looking at my Ideas list while figuring out how many words I can comfortably commit to writing each week. Here are the books that I plan to get written:
- Four more International Men of Sports books with TA. We are on "clean up" for the series, meaning, we are writing the stories for characters we've already introduced in past books rather than writing all new worlds--and don't worry, there are at least eight books left! This year you will see stories completed for Neel from A Sticky Wicket in Bollywood, Jan from Chasing the King of the Mountains, Sergio from At First Touch (and also seen in A Grand Prix Romance) and Leon from Blindsided.
- Two MF books in a new series (tentatively called Women of the World) set in the Int'l Men of Sports world, which we'll write under our het pen names, Stacey Lynn Rhodes and Tiffany Aaron. We've created some great female characters while writing that series, so we decided to give a few of them their own stories. The first two books will be Caroline (from Blindsided) and Chelsea (from Burning Up the Ice).
- TA and I have also planned out a brand new MM fantasy series and want to get the first two novels done this year.
- I showed you Remarkable Restraint in the Grad School Guys series above. So I'll be writing at least the next three books in the ongoing series.
- I had every intention of continuing my Vampires and Mages and Weres, Oh My! series last year, but didn't get to it, so I'm making it a priority this year. The next two books will be for Jones and for Killian.
- And of course, we'll be doing another Unconventional anthology this year before GRL. This year we'll be writing a paranormal anth with all the original writers back once again (and yes, that includes Carol Lynne!).
- Tomas' book from An Unconventional Chicago. He was part of TA's story, No Bravery, and my story, Bonfire Heart, so we always planned to co-write his book.
- Buzz's book from the One Wish series
- A sequel to Making His List
- Brady's story from Pride and Joey
- A book about a cancer survivor who meets a man supporting his sister through the same disease.
Any thoughts on the list? Any you'd hoped to see that aren't on it, or one you want first? I'd love to hear some feedback to motivate me, and who knows? Your comment might push your choice to the top of the list! xoxo
Posted by Stacey at 5:16 PM