The His Hero anthology received 3rd Place for Best Anthology of 2012 in the voting for the Goodreads MM Group's annual Members' Choice Awards! Besides my Marine and Navy flier story, A Ring and A Promise, it contains five other great stories about men in uniform--military men, firefighters and cops--written by fab authors Simone Anderson, Em Woods, Sara York, Sue Holston and Kit Sands.
I was tagged just before Christmas by Shawn Lane in the Next Big Thing blog hop (click HERE for her post). It's simply a fun Q&A to answer 10 questions about your current WIP (work in process). Since I'm working on two right now, I'll pick one and run with it!
1. What is the working title of your book?
"India" (since that's the country it's set in). There's a more detailed working title, but I don't want to give too much away until I talk to someone who isn't online right now, lol.
2. Where did the idea for the story come from for the book?
I was laying there in bed one night with T.A. Chase (hush! it was when we were roomies at GRL!) and we started brainstorming about story ideas. There's nothing like being able to bounce your fertile imagination and enthusiasm off another similarly creative author...in person. Very contagious!
3. What is the genre of the book?
Contemporary M/M romance
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters for a movie rendition?
Abhishek Bachchan and John Abraham, definitely! This picture of them in the movie Dostana above totally matched the mental image!
5. What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
Choosing between a career you love and the man you live for shouldn't happen to anyone, but what if you had to make the choice under public scrutiny?
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency/publisher?
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your book?
Just getting started. It should take a few weeks of concerted effort.
8. What other books would you compare this to within your genre?
It's pretty unique. :)
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
A shared love of athletic men. :)
10. What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?
It's the first book in a six book series called International Men of Sports.
There's no one else I can tag after this but my partner in crime, TA Chase! Ball's in your court, hon...so to speak. ;)