I didn't have anything better to do today. Really. ;)
1. Answer all the questions below in either the comments here or post it on your own site. If you post it on your own site you have to come back and give the link here so I/Kris can mosey on over and see if you have a sticky beak.
2. You have to tag two other people once you’re done and pester them relentlessly until they do the meme too.
3. Instead of a meme image thing you have to post a cookie, preferably a twofer. It is an m/m meme after all. ;)
1. How long have you been reading GLBTQ fiction? 8 months
2. What was the first book you read in this genre? (sorts e-library by date) First m/m interaction was in a m/m/f, Simply Sinful by Kate Pearce. First strictly m/m story was Diving In Deep by KA Mitchell.
3. Are you 'out' as a reader? Yes. Now that I write it, it's a given, however I don't chat about it casual convo!
4. Ebooks, print or both? Mostly e-books, have only a select few in paperback.
5. Do you buy direct from publishers or from secondary sellers? A mix of both, depending on the incentives.
6. Prove you're a Book Slut. How many books would you say you buy a week? I'm down to about 3-5 a week now that I proof a ton and get to FLE a lot for free...in advance. :)
7. Are you a cover, blurb or excerpt buyer? Blurbs hook me, excerpts reel me in. Covers are a nice bonus. And of course, I stalk my fave authors.
8. Yeah, you read reviews, but do you actually take notice of them? Yes, but I give the benefit of the doubt. Some I've enjoyed have been panned, and some that are acclaimed, I couldn't get into. So I read 'em, then make up my own mind.
9. Who's your fave publisher? Tough call. Partial to TEB and DSP of course since I'm pubbed with them. Also like LI.
10. What about authors? Your top two only!! Ack! Grrrr! KA Mitchell and JL Langley
11. Is there a sub-genre you particularly dis/like? Love well done historicals and crazy about paranormal. Probably my least fave is heavily S&M BDSM, although some authors do it very well.
12. Short or long?? *rolls eyes* And, no, I'm not talking about cocks. Up the middle? (bats eyes) Long enough to tell a complete story, short enough to read in one sitting. Long novella is probably my fave, although traditional e-book novel length is fine.
13. Anything turn you off about m/m or is all just glorious smut to you? Hmmm, well not a huge fletching fan (gag).
14. Finish this sentence. You know it's m/m twu wuv when...you want to share it with the world.
15. What trope or theme are you heartily sick of in m/m romance? I'm with EH on this one, the horrible gruesome emotional train wreck of a past for one or both characters. Sometimes my disbelief that one person could have to endure that much bad luck pulls me right out of the story. **Except when Shawn does it.
16. If you could choose any 3 characters for a m/m/m who would they be? Versatile Noah from Diving In Deep by KA Mitchell, Naughty Clark Sterling from Most Likely To Succeed by Shawn Lane, and Irresistable Mark Richfield from loads of GA Hauser's stories.
17. What new GLBTQ release are you most hanging out for right now? Ticket to Ride by Shawn.
18. What GLBTQ book has completely blown you away this year? Wow, tough questions. Umm, one that's a bit off the usual mention radar was Single White Knight by Brynn Paulin.
19. What do you think we'll see more of in m/m romance in 2010? Paranormals and suspense seem to be popular. More to do with gay rights/marriage most likely.
20. Don't you agree that author Josh Lanyon should kill off arsehole character Jake Riordan? All I'm going to say is, everyone gets what's coming to them in the end.