Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Style Throwback Thursday

Love this time of year and have posted pretty reliably in past years because of it. Here are a few posts from Halloweens past for your perusal, including a list of a few of my favorite things, some videos I enjoy and revisiting a past contest that had a great turnout!

Originally Posted October 28th, 2010:



Some of my favorite things about Halloween:
  • All the campy horror movies I love are all over cable.
  • Squishing around in the innards of pumpkins--my hands are soo soft afterwards. Really!
  • Costumes--from the darling to the dark! My lovely, princessey-aged little girls are going as a Goth demon (complete with horns) and a skeleton. Just painted all our fingernails black. Which leads me to...
  • It's okay to send my girls to school with black nail polish and black lipstick on.
  • Pumpkin scones, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin donuts...
  • It holds Christmas decor at bay. Seriously, I think if there wasn't Halloween, the stores would have their displays up by August.


Originally Posted October 31st, 2012:

Here are two videos that I think really put the Happy in Happy Halloween!

This is my girls' favorite. Warning! Extremely catchy song! Listen at your own risk! If you're like me, you'll be singing it for weeks.





And this is one of mine! Does anyone remember the contest I held a couple of years ago to see who could name the most classic monster movies with clips in this video?





Here's the post from November 1st, 2010, announcing the winner of the video mash-up contest if you want to check out the list and how many movies there were!!:

I've had a ton of fun with this contest, and clearly there are some rabid movie fans out there! What a great response!

After watching this so many times I can now envision the clips along with the music (and likely will for life), I've listed as best I can the movies shown in the video, with the ones that every participant named correctly in red type:

House on Haunted Hill, Frankenstein, Young Frankenstein, Fiend Without a Face, Godzilla, Destroy All Monsters, Bride of Frankenstein, Dracula, Murders in the Rue Morgue, Beginning of the End, The Creeping Terror, Earth versus The Spider, The Hypnotic Eye, The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed Up Zombies (yes, that is a really long title, lol), The Wolfman, The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, The Fly, Plan Nine From Outer Space, Attack of the 50 Foot Woman, The Incredible Shrinking Man, The Mummy, Abbot & Costello Meet Frankenstein, Frankenstein meets the Wolfman, The Abominable Snowman, and The Mad Monster.

How did you do?? :)

My winner, with an amazing 20+ correct, is Andrea Speed! Andy, congratulations! Now...put the remote down and slowly back away from TCM and the Sci-Fi Channel! :) Once you pull yourself away from your popcorn, drop me a line at devonrhodes at hotmail dot com with your choice of book from my backlist (see the left sidebar if you need some help there).

And thanks to all my participants for joining in on the fun!
**************

Hope you enjoyed this look back at my Halloween fun from previous years! Be back soon with the second installment of my GRL Recap! Have a spooktacular Halloween, and don't do anything I wouldn't do!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...