Saturday, May 11, 2013

RT 2013...Day Five...Book Fair and FAN-Tastic Excuses to Wear a Cocktail Dress


Big GIANT Book Fair. Yes it was! Not sure anything I can write could do it justice, but here are a few pics:

LA Witt/Lauren Gallagher talks to a fan.

The lovely Ariel Tachna in purple! Shocker! ;)

Damon in the utili-kilt.

Marie always dresses so nicely! And you should see the shoes!

In the foreground are Brynn Paulin and Kate Pearce.

I just love Marie Harte's smile!

Bronwyn Green is even nicer in person!

Isabelle Drake was so dang cute and had a permanent smile!

Confused as usual. I brought Ethan a Diet Coke and he was fine after that.

The lovely Lynne Connolly and her Brit decor!

Leigh with JP Barnaby
I actually left the hotel! Carol Lynne, Ethan Day, Simone Anderson, Suzanne Graham, TA and I made a snap decision, grabbed a couple of cabs, and headed to Hamburger Mary's (during the day! not for the drag show!) for lunch. I had a great Ahi wrap and chili cheese TaTa's (tater tots). I know that sounds like a weird combo, but it was! LOL.
 

Love the GLBT sandwich..totally stealing that idea!

The sad, lonely little pie.

Saturday was packed with cool stuff, even after the Book Fair. It was both FAN-Tastic Day and Teen Day. To me, that was almost my favorite part--seeing all of the hundreds of young readers so excited and lining up to get books and meet authors. It was very gratifying to see the next generation of readers!

The FAN-Tastic Author event was a free-for-all, really! Stacks upon stacks of free books, authors everywhere, food, raffles. I met some of the authors I remember reading as a young girl when I first started reading romance! In fact, I got an ARC of a new book by Jude Deveraux, who I first read thirty years ago! Wow!


Damon was the MC, not singing karaoke.

The wonderful Elizabeth North from DSP, who sponsored the event.

After we hauled our loot back to our rooms and spent some time packing, I wanted to spend some more time with Carol Lynne, who was there but not registered--just hanging out with Ethan. So we went down and sat in the corner table at Spectators (lol) and visited until it was time to say goodbye to them both until GRL this October. *sniff*


Okay, I guess I don't look TOO sad!

 No time for the sads! It was the last night, and time for the cocktail party and dance, so I wore...a cocktail dress. Stood to reason. ;)

Yes, I always end up dancing with Damon. Whether alone...
 
...or with a crowd!!

Marie Sexton and I were twinsies in little black dresses.
 And so our evening concluded, and for me, that was the wrap on RT. Nothing left to do but the practical stuff--finish packing, shipping, checking out, checking into the flight and heading home. It's always so hard to say goodbye to everyone. It was an amazing experience to be with so many people who share my passion for books. I know that this is the first of many RTs to come for me!



"Goodbye all, and see you next year at RT 2014 in New Orleans!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...