Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Two Days Till GayRomLit...

I had the brilliant--yet slightly nervewracking--idea of sending the bulk of my swag and books directly from the vendors to the hotel hosting GayRomLit. Brilliant because I needn't haul it...nervewracking because I have visions of the hotel losing the boxes, or them being delayed for some reason until after I check out. Fingers crossed it all gets there and is waiting nicely for me when I arrive on Thursday!

Even so, when I began packing I soon realized that I'm going to need to take two suitcases...and the big one ain't gonna be for my clothes! Nope, still have a fair amount of goodies to haul along  with me, plus some books I had here to either sell, give away...or have autographed to keep. Hey, I'm a reader and fangirl too!

All of this is, of course, good news for the attendees since I'm not likely to want to bring much of it back home with me! But no worries, I will make sure to bring at least some stuff home because I'll be having a swag bag giveaway next week on my blog! I'll also be contributing to a couple of other giveaways around the blogosphere.

I can scarcely believe it's finally here! In just a little over 48 hours, I'll be rolling out of bed and heading to the airport. Notice I say getting out of bed and not waking up, because I guarantee I'll be suffering from EFS (Early Flight Syndrome)...you know, where you can't sleep and if you do, you wake up every half-hour thinking you've missed your alarm? I need to leave the house at about 4:30am, which is about 2 hours after my usual bedtime. Pondering just staying up....might be less painful in many ways!

I'll be taking my camera along and will be posting pics either during or after the fun. :) Now, back to my pre-trip listmaking....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...